Rodents are not an issue many people like to think about but consider rodent proofing your home before rodents become a problem. Mice can enter your home through a hole the size of a dime and rats can enter through a hole the size of a quarter. The damage can include structural and electrical costs as well as creating potential health hazards to your family. No need to wait until you see rodents or other pests before you consider rodent proofing your home. Prevention is key and a simple inspection of your home’s foundation, roof and attic will go a long way to keeping pests out.
If mice or other large critters found their way into your home this past Fall or Winter and the infestation was left alone, the chances are high the rodent issue will be multiplying with Spring just around the corner.
If you don’t have the skill or inclination to try rodent proofing your home, call or contact Bio-Tech Pest Control to do a thorough check of potential entry areas that could pose an issue of rodents and or other critters infiltrating your home.
Common, high risk areas to check for potential pest entry include, but are not limited to:
- Damaged or missing roof tiles/shingles
- Unscreened/uncapped chimney
- Loose or damaged soffit vents
- Torn or damaged window screens
- Worn or loose seals around drain outlets or other plumbing penetration access points
- Cracks or other foundation gaps
- Areas of the home with wood rot
- Gaps around exterior utility lines leading through walls
- Vines or other landscaping vegetation touching the home
- Worn or damaged door sweeps, both on the home and garage doors.
Routine pest inspections and rodent proofing your home will help keep unwanted pests out and reduce further pest damage.
If you think you may have a rodent infestation of any kind and are in need of rodent proofing your home, contact Bio-Tech Pest Control today at 281-296-6022.