There are many kinds of mice that are found in the Greater Houston, Texas area but the most common species found terrorizing locals is the dreaded house mouse. Like many rodents, house mice usually gain entry into homes and businesses by squeezing in through crevices, cracks and holes found throughout the building. House mice are small; it doesn’t take a large fissure for them to gain entry. Today, we at Bio-Tech Pest Control would like to shine the light on house mice.
Problems With Mice in Homes & Businesses
As previously mentioned, house mice are commonly found infiltrating homes and businesses in the Greater Houston, Texas area. They often creep into homes or businesses in search of food, water and favorable living conditions. House mice avoid human interaction in most cases; however, they adapt very easily to the lifestyle of indoor living. There are two major concerns for house mice being in close proximity to your home or business. House mice contribute to millions of dollars a year in damages that they inflict on structures and utility lines as well as the food they contaminate. Not only are they a problem for structures, but house mice pose a potential health risk by spreading harmful diseases, bacteria, and germs.
How Many Mice is Considered an Infestation
House mice multiply quickly. In little time your home or business can quickly be infested by these small rodents. Dealing with them as soon as possible is ideal before they have the opportunity to cause health problems or damage. Below are a few signs you have house mice in your home.
– Mouse Poop & Droppings. Mice have no problem leaving their dropping wherever they happen to be. You can often find fecal matter and urine spots around the areas where they traverse, forage for food, or look to pilfer nesting materials. Finding their little droppings is a confirmation that they exist in your home or business.
– Mice Chew Through Food Packages. To get to the food, house mice will literally chew their way through packages of food. Paper, cardboard and flimsy plastic wrap are no match for their teeth and claws. Once they have pilfered the contents, you often find crumbs or remains of leftover food along with packaging material in the general area. The package remains will show distinctive teeth marks.
– Mouse Squeaking Sounds. House mice can be heard scratching around in the walls and ceilings and you can often hear the sounds and pitter-patter of their footsteps. Wherever the noises are mostly concentrated, will likely indicate where mice are nesting.
– Mouse Jumping & Running Movements. House mice usually establish specific traveling patterns when coming out of their hiding places, typically hugging the walls to offer more protection. As house mice are so fast, you can often only catch glimpses of them in your peripherals.
– Mouse Nests. When house mice give birth, they do so where they constructed their nests. If you pay attention to the debris or peculiar insulation that is moved away from where it is intended; these are more than likely the areas where house mice have built their nests.
Mouse Rodent Control
If you suspect house mice in your home or business, contact Bio-Tech Pest Control and we will take care of the problem before it gets much worse.