As we continue to move into the summer months the days are longer and temperatures in the Houston and outlying areas are soaring into the low 90’s. Almost everyone agrees that we love to spend time outdoors. Unfortunately spending any amount of time outside the home also means sharing your outdoor space with uninvited guests. Cooking out, lounging by the pool, gardening, or playing games keep you and your family at the mercy of these relentless little blood suckers known as mosquitoes. Approximately 200 species of mosquitoes can be found in the United States. Mosquitoes carry disease, and it is has been estimated that two million people worldwide die each year from mosquito related diseases, the most common being malaria. Mosquitoes can also transmit West Nile virus, yellow fever and dengue fever.
Expert Mosquito Control
Bio-Tech Pest Control is the expert when it comes to controlling mosquitoes. We offer the Mistaway Mosquito system that repels mosquitoes away from your home and yard. This is a revolutionary automatic mosquito misting system that works consistently to keep your yard and property free from dangerous mosquitoes.
Bio-Tech Pest Control has provided the following list of mosquito facts to help you better understand why mosquitoes are attracted to us in the first place:
• Mosquitoes are attracted to chemical compounds expelled from the skin. They can detect these chemicals from as many as 50 yards away. A human being can produce as many as 340 chemical odors during perspiration.
• Mosquitoes can smell human breath and are attracted to the carbon dioxide we emit as we breathe out.
• Mosquitoes are attracted to body heat and use heat sensors around their mouths to zone in on our location.
• A mosquito is capable of drinking up to three times its body weight in blood.
• Only the females bite – the female needs the protein in your blood to help her eggs develop.
Mosquito Repelling Mistaway Solution
But don’t despair; Bio-Tech Pest Control has the perfect solution to your mosquito problem. Contact Bio-Tech today and schedule an appointment with a certified technician to set up a Mosquito Mistaway System around your property and yard to eliminate mosquito activity. The Mosquito Mistaway System works within the landscape of your home and is kept virtually out of sight. The system is set up in your outdoor gathering area. The main unit is placed in an area that has access to both water and electricity. Once the unit is set up, the misters are placed as often as necessary depending on the size of your property and set to timers to spray a botanical insecticide during peak mosquito activity; usually early in the morning and later in the evening. There is also a manual spray option which you can use whenever you feel it necessary. The mist not only deters mosquitoes from entering your yard, it will instantly kill any mosquitoes already present.