Pests during the winter season are still a reason for concern. Winter pest control is important because pests can still be a problem during the colder months. Some pests during the winter season may become less active or enter hibernation. Other pests may seek shelter and warmth inside homes and buildings.
Some common winter pests during the winter season:
- Rats and mice will often seek shelter from small openings and can cause damage by chewing wires, insulation and wood. Rodents also pose health risks as they can carry diseases.
- Cockroaches prefer warm environments and people can find them in kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas of a home.
- House spiders are harmless and their presence unsettling but will sometimes follow their food source indoors.
- Silverfish can become a problem and thrive in damp, cool places like bathrooms.
Implementing pest control measures during the winter season can help prevent infestations and protect your property from damage.
- Seal Entry Points- Sealing cracks and openings in the exterior of your home can deter pests during the winter season.
- Manage Food and Waste- Keep food in sealed containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Reduce Moisture- Fix leaky pipes, especially bathrooms or other similar areas of your home. Use dehumidifiers in damp areas.
- Regular Cleaning- Cleaning helps to eliminate potential food sources and hiding places for pests.
Additionally, regular inspections and professional pest control services ensure the detection and effective treatment of any existing infestations. To keep pests away in winter, take precautions and act quickly to maintain a pest-free environment. Reach out to one of our friendly Bio-Tech Pest Control representatives today!